Protecting Your Precious Cargo
AAA works hard to keep child passengers safe through education, research and advocacy. Studies show that seat belts and safety seats are the most effective tools in preventing injuries and deaths in vehicle crashes.
- Seat belts reduce the risk of fatal or serious injury by 50 percent.
- Child safety seats reduce fatal injuries to infants by 71 percent and to toddlers by 54 percent.
What Can You Do?
- Always transport your children in the proper restraint device.
- Never use a seat that has been recalled, mistreated, damaged or reached the manufacturer’s expiration date.
- Child safety seats should be installed according to both the vehicle and seat manufacturer’s instructions.
- Have your child safety seat inspected to ensure proper installation.
- Once they’re old enough, teach your children the importance of being properly seated whenever they get in the car. AAA’s Sammy the Squirrel Coloring Book helps make it fun — and is also available in Spanish.